- The MAXtoA plugin includes Arnold version 5
- Volumetric effects with OpenVDB support
- Atmospheric effects
- Procedural (proxy) objects allow scene interchange with other Arnold plugins
- Extensive array of built-in Arnold professional shaders and materials
- Supports 3rd party shaders compiled for Windows and Arnold 5
- Easy Image-Based-Lighting workflow with separate Environment and Background capabilities
- Arnold Properties modifier controls rendertime effects and options per-object
- Arbitrary Output Variable (AOV) support for compositing and post-processing
- Depth-of-Field, Motion Blur and camera Shutter effects
- New VR camera
- New easier-to-use layered Standard Surface with Disney compatibility, replacing Arnold Standard Shader
- New melanin-driven Standard Hair Shader with simpler parameters and artistic controls for more natural results
- Supports Photometric lights for easy Revit interop. Full support of 3ds Max Physical material and legacy maps.
- All-in-one Arnold light supports textured area lights, mesh lights, Skydome and Distant light sources.
- New Portal mode for Quad and Skydome lights to improve sampling interior scenes.
- New Roundness and Soft Edge options for Quad and Spot lights.
- Scene Converterpresets and scripts to upgrade legacy scenes.
|User interface improvements
- QT5 framework with enhanced docking
- Timeline tear-off
- Ongoing Hi-DPI icon conversion (370 icons converted)
- Tear-off menus
- Faster switching between workspaces
- Modular main toolbar.
- Easy Map adds the ability to map over an operator by connecting an array of values for graph simplicity
- Live Type displays computes types in the editor as you work
- MCG type resolver improved so you no longer need to add extra nodes to provide hints about the type system in MCG
- Compiler significantly improved to better optimize graph expressions, particularly with functions
- No longer need to unpack MCG graph and MCG now uses compounds from the package
- Consumes graphs in package form (.mcg) by simply dragging in the viewport
- Automatic tool input generation
- More artist friendly operator/compound naming and categorization
- New Node Properties window with better operator/compound descriptions
- 78 new operators
- See MCG Help for more inform