AJA KONA LHe Plus Overview
KONA LHe Plus from AJA is a broadcast-quality PCI card for Mac and Windows systems that offers an HD/SD-SDI input, dual SDI outputs, and a full complement of analog video and audio input & output connections via an included breakout cable. The card features genlock input and performs 10-bit down conversion from HD to SD. Because conversion is hardware-based, it’s available upon both capture and playback.
Featuring BNCs for analog component, composite, and S-Video input & output, KONA LHe Plus supports an extremely wide variety of video systems. For instance, you can capture from an HDV deck or even a game console. For analog video connections, analog-to-digital conversion is 12-bit, for the highest-quality capture and playback. You can configure the dual SDI outputs independently of each other for SD or HD, so you can output to both a high-def and a standard-def monitor at once.
The PCI-Express I/O card supports most professional editing software programs for Mac and Windows systems, including Apple Final Cut Pro 7, Color, and Motion; Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop; Autodesk Combustion, The Foundry Nuke, Sony Vegas, and Eyeon Fusion. KONA for Mac drivers integrate within the native software application being used, whether Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, or any other supported application.
Likewise for Windows systems, supplied AJA plug-ins integrated the card into a variety of applications, making KONA-driven features appear to be native to the host application’s interface. Moreover, for Windows systems the included AJA Machine software includes full VTR machine control with access to any supported file format/video standard.
- SD-SDI, HD-SDI, analog HD/SD input and output
- 12-bit HD analog component I/O
- 12-bit SD analog component or composite S-Video I/O
- 10-bit hardware HD-to-SD down conversion
- Single SD-SDI or HD-SDI input
- Dual independent SD-SDI/HD-SDI outputs
- Two-channel balanced XLR AES and two-channel balanced XLR analog audio I/O
- Eight-channel SDI-embedded audio I/O
- HD/SD genlock input and RS-422 machine control
- Support for Apple Final Cut Pro & Motion, Adobe After Effects, Autodesk Combustion, and more
- Breakout cable included
There are no reviews yet.